It is interesting to me how many trade show exhibitors are shocked that no one stops in their booth, yet they have done nothing to promote or even attract passers-by to it. In the age of constant visual stimulation, social media and short attention spans, we as trade show and event marketers must plan more if we intend to attract new prospects to our booth at an event.
Below are some simple steps that you can take to increase your chances of meeting, engaging and connecting with new prospects at your next trade show. Here are some things to consider when preparing to draw visitors to your booth.
- Know your assets
- You should be able to explain and articulate what makes your company stand out.
- Find out if you are introducing a new product or service or promoting existing ones.
- Research how you compare to the competition.
- Put yourself out there
- Send invitations to existing customers or top prospects.
- Make sure to have a web presence by promoting your show participation on your homepage.
- Consider purchasing sponsorships from the show – just make sure they are brand relevant.
- Be friendly when at the show
- A simple smile and hello will make it much easier for people to approach you.
- Prepare open-ended questions for starting conversations with attendees who walk by your booth. Something as simple as “What brings you here today?”
- Offer people a glass of water, some candy or an opportunity to sit down. Doing so is a great way to welcome them into your exhibit…[Read More]
Connecticut | 409 Canal Street, Milldale, CT 06467 | 860.426.2144
Florida | 1241 Ludlam Court, Marco Island, FL 34145 | 203-317-7663
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 9:00am — 5:00pm