The legal industry often gets stereotyped as being strict, stuffy and boring. With this in mind, law firms often struggle to create content that both adheres to industry guidelines and is compelling enough to entice potential clients to hire them. After all, there are only so many ways to add an interesting spin to law firm content, right?
The good news is, contrary to what many lawyers and marketers believe, there are, in fact, many ways to create engaging content for law firms. All it takes is the right strategy, a bit of creativity and a thorough understanding of one’s target audience.
Here’s how to use content marketing without being boring:
1. Ask the user.
The best way to generate fresh, engaging content ideas is to ask your clients (and potential clients) what they want to read. Use Google Forms to create a survey to send to your readers and past clients. Include questions like:
• What questions do you have about [legal topic] (e.g., divorce)?
• What are the three biggest struggles you have when it comes to [legal issue]?
• Where do you go to find law-related content online?
• What kind of content would you like to see on a website?
Their answers to these questions will help you generate some interesting content ideas that you know your audience wants to read. Then, you can plug these topics into your law firm’s new and improved content strategy.
2. Build a content marketing strategy.
The content marketing industry is said to be worth $412 billion by 2021 and has been experiencing an annual growth rate of 16%. This shows us that not only is content marketing important, but it’s becoming more important year over year.
You can build your own content marketing strategy by first getting intentional about why you are creating content. To do that, be sure to answer these questions:
• What’s the immediate goal?
• What’s the end goal?
• Which channels will you be posting content on?
• How often will you be posting content?
• What action do you want readers to take?
• What types of content will you be creating?
• Are you going to create content in-house or hire an agency?
Once you have a plan, it will be easier to create effective content and stick to a consistent posting schedule. Having a strategy will put you leaps and bounds ahead of your competitors…[Read More]
Connecticut | 409 Canal Street, Milldale, CT 06467 | 860.426.2144
Florida | 1241 Ludlam Court, Marco Island, FL 34145 | 203-317-7663
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 9:00am — 5:00pm